Saturday, October 27, 2012

Shannon + Will's John's Island Wedding { The Island House | John's Island, SC }

I have said it before, and I will say it again... how is it that I get so lucky to work with some of the most laid back, care free, FUN couples?!?!  I think when I first got into the world of photography, I had visions of bridezillas and just somehow expected to be stressed myself... instead, I get couples like Shannon + Will, who are hands down, some of the most chill people I have met!  So awesome.  Shannon + Will are big into water, so they decided to have their wedding ceremony + reception at The Island House on John's Island.  Will actually fishes on the river that this property sits on- The Stono River- so the location was perfectly "them".  I had the distinct priviledge of shooting their big day, and I must say, this easily became one of my favorite weddings yet!  See for yourself below...

Shannon, Will... congrats again you two! xoxo

While the girls are in the process getting dolled up... 
the men are just about ready to roll for their photo shoot

Will's always on the water, so I thought there was no better place for a photo shoot than in the boatyard.  Turns out that we weren't supposed to be here, but regardless- in the little bit of time we DID have, we got some great shots...
As we are snapping away, Janet of JVM Events is working hard on getting the venue set perfectly before the guests arrive...


If you know me, you know how I feel about mason jars... love!!
I may or may not feel the same way about the items in this next photo ;-)
Once the bridesmaids are dressed... it's time to dress the bride!  Ahhh!!! :)  
Alright... can I just say how awesome Shannon is??  We didn't have all that much time to do formal photos with the girls prior to the wedding, and I was worried Shannon would be nervous about any early guests seeing her if we went out.  Boy was I wrong!  Shannon was about as chill (and fun) as a bride could be!  How do I get this lucky?!?!  Outside we go for a series of formal shots with the ladies!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
We hurry back in before guests arrive, and the countdown officially begins!
Back outside, the guests are arriving...
 

It's time for a wedding y'all!
And now with the most important guest of all in his chair...
(In memory of Shannon's father)
We are ready for the bride!!!
Forgive me, but she is just too gorgeous not to post all of these!!!

And they're hitched!!!
And my favorite moment of the ceremony exit...
 Maybe it's just me, but I just love how they are leading the whole group behind them... one of my favorites... xoxo
 <3 Love <3

It is extremely hard to believe, but this woman in the next series of photo's is actually Will's mother.  She does not look old enough to have a son of marrying age! So gorgeous!  Love these photos of the two of them!  

( Love them!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment